News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Car show events

Started by "Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364, July 20, 2018, 11:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowpoke17

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on July 22, 2018, 09:01:51 PM

I used to live in MA and NY, so I know all about winter fun...

I live here in FL year round. I'd have to sell all these cars and a lot of other things to have a "summer home" in the snow belt, which frankly I do not want.

I'll be honest with you Mike, the older I get the more I understand why people move south. If I never have to touch a snowblower again would not be a problem! I do enjoy the change of seasons but after a couple of good snowfalls I'm done and ready for spring.
John Federico

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on July 22, 2018, 09:01:51 PM
As hot as it gets here it still doesn't come close to the 125 deg F temps in the mideast desert where I spent several years on deployments.

I loved Kuwait, Bahrain, Dubai, Yemen, Qatar... it was a 'dry' heat.... ::)

We'll be neighbors in the next couple of years Mike, I'm done with snow.

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on July 22, 2018, 11:40:08 PM
I loved Kuwait, Bahrain, Dubai, Yemen, Qatar... it was a 'dry' heat.... ::)

We'll be neighbors in the next couple of years Mike, I'm done with snow.

\m/
Laurie

Try Iraq and afghan. 

For an entire year.

3 times.
Plus shorter "excursions" to other lovely places.

Even in Kuwait and Qatar  the wind shifts and you get 130 deg plus 100% humidity for a couple months.  :o
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Tpicks55

Quote from: Jeff Rose                                         CLC #28373 on July 21, 2018, 11:34:44 PM
One problem in my area (St. Louis) is that I never seem to see things asvertised. Every once in a while I see a sign up but nothing on the news or anything else. There step not newspapers anymore. I am really not on Facebook so if they are posted there I wouldn't see it. There is a local Cars and Coffee chapter here. I went once this year and it was mostly new stuff. Various people posted literally 100'a of pictures but only half a dozen of the few older ones. Kind of took the wind out of my sails.
Jeff
check out https://www.cruisintimesmagazine.com/june-show-listings they give showes in all states.
75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS

cadillacmike68

Quote from: lexi on July 22, 2018, 06:07:03 PM
Greg and Steve are dead on. Same up in this region as well. Clay/Lexi

Yes, I agree completely.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike