News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Post Your AOS chassis stencil stamp...

Started by Cadillac1955, September 08, 2009, 04:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadillac1955

Post Your AOS chassis stencil stamp here...  I know there are many who do a frame off restoration. I also know that many would like to reproduce this AOS stencil markings.
Andrè Aga

Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1955
Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1964 "The Apollo"
Cadillac Conv. 1965

phildeville@cox.net

Are you looking for a photo of the stencil I made or the frame rail after the application?
I gotta be honest here. I sandblasted & painted the frame long before I bought the C&LC Class 15 Authenticity Manual. I knew it should have the
A O Smith serial # & date. When I got the bill of lading from the GM Heritage Center, I knew it was shipped 9/30/1954. The frames were made about a month before that date. So, I used my birth date (8-17-54) for the stamping date & used my C&LC member # for the AOS s/n. I had a friend who had an old time rotary wheel stencil cutter in his shipping department. It took me 3 trys to get it right!
I know I saved that stencil to remember my late pal Joe Dillon. I will look for it.
Phil Terry
Phil Terry  CLC# 15270

Cadillac1955

Quote from: Phil Terry # 15270 on September 10, 2009, 01:30:40 PM
Are you looking for a photo of the stencil I made or the frame rail after the application?
I gotta be honest here. I sandblasted & painted the frame long before I bought the C&LC Class 15 Authenticity Manual. I knew it should have the
A O Smith serial # & date. When I got the bill of lading from the GM Heritage Center, I knew it was shipped 9/30/1954. The frames were made about a month before that date. So, I used my birth date (8-17-54) for the stamping date & used my C&LC member # for the AOS s/n. I had a friend who had an old time rotary wheel stencil cutter in his shipping department. It took me 3 trys to get it right!
I know I saved that stencil to remember my late pal Joe Dillon. I will look for it.
Phil Terry

Hello,

I would like to see the frame rail after the application..  ;D
I have also used my birthday as stamping day...
Andrè Aga

Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1955
Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1964 "The Apollo"
Cadillac Conv. 1965

phildeville@cox.net

I couldn't post here because of file size. I did post successfully on photo pg of CADILL-IKES chapter website
Phil
Phil Terry  CLC# 15270