News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

CD-player

Started by Soren Johnson, March 11, 2007, 08:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soren Johnson

Hi!
I have a Deville -91 with an original radio/tape recorder.

I wonder if there is an original or aftermarket radio/CD-player that I can replace the radio/tape recorder with.

Regards!

Soren Johnson
Sweden

Doug Houston

I havent the Delco service books that cover 1991, but I still have my 91 Buick Roadmaster wagon and the owners manual. I recall that they had either a tape player radio OR a CD player radio, but not a radio for both. Cadillac would probably have had the same option. Later models had both tape AND CD. Unfortunately, Sweden is a ways away from here. Ive seen the tape-CD radios in flea markets in this area in the last few years, and one might work in your 91, but I have no assurance of it.

I think that you might look into a CD player attachment that plays into a channel on your FM band. I have one in my Jeep that I have yet to use (Im a great prcrastinator), but something like that  should be an easy way out of your problem.

Dennis DiNorcia CLC #19071

I have a 1989 Deville (Same style) and I replaced my delco radio with an Audiovox GC-600 which is an exact plug-in for the original radio. It has a cassette AND cd player and it fits and plugs into the original opening. It also has CD changer functions if you are interested in hooking up a cd changer. The only drawback is the sound quality in my opinion is not as good as the original delco radio. I had the CD player with 5 band equalizer (Very Rare) system. It is on the website at http://www.audiovox.com. TARGET=_blank>http://www.audiovox.com. I have three additional ones at home but unfortunately I do not know the condition of them since they have been in my attic for a long time and may need repair. You occasionally see them on ebay. If you would like more info on it please mail me and I will be glad to send you pictures and a copy of the owners manual for the radio.