News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

CD-player

Started by Soren Johnson, March 11, 2007, 08:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soren Johnson

Hi!
I have a Deville -91 with an original radio/tape recorder.

I wonder if there is an original or aftermarket radio/CD-player that I can replace the radio/tape recorder with.

Regards!

Soren Johnson
Sweden

Doug Houston

I havent the Delco service books that cover 1991, but I still have my 91 Buick Roadmaster wagon and the owners manual. I recall that they had either a tape player radio OR a CD player radio, but not a radio for both. Cadillac would probably have had the same option. Later models had both tape AND CD. Unfortunately, Sweden is a ways away from here. Ive seen the tape-CD radios in flea markets in this area in the last few years, and one might work in your 91, but I have no assurance of it.

I think that you might look into a CD player attachment that plays into a channel on your FM band. I have one in my Jeep that I have yet to use (Im a great prcrastinator), but something like that  should be an easy way out of your problem.

Dennis DiNorcia CLC #19071

I have a 1989 Deville (Same style) and I replaced my delco radio with an Audiovox GC-600 which is an exact plug-in for the original radio. It has a cassette AND cd player and it fits and plugs into the original opening. It also has CD changer functions if you are interested in hooking up a cd changer. The only drawback is the sound quality in my opinion is not as good as the original delco radio. I had the CD player with 5 band equalizer (Very Rare) system. It is on the website at http://www.audiovox.com. TARGET=_blank>http://www.audiovox.com. I have three additional ones at home but unfortunately I do not know the condition of them since they have been in my attic for a long time and may need repair. You occasionally see them on ebay. If you would like more info on it please mail me and I will be glad to send you pictures and a copy of the owners manual for the radio.