News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Nice '70 Fleetwood going for some strong money on eBay.

Started by chrisntam, September 06, 2016, 10:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdemerson

Quote from: V63 on September 08, 2016, 11:05:55 PM
This fleetwood  does NOT have cruise control that i can see?  It's a switch inserted into the upper left speedo area. a crest filler is in its place on non cruise models.  It's also the first year that the prior 'dial' style cruise was not offered.

Just to be clear, the 1970 Brougham with 17,000 miles does have Cruise according to the listing: This Cadillac comes fully loaded, as it should, with power windows, power brakes, power steering, tilt column, cruise control... If that information is incorrect then we have a problem I think. Perhaps someone will check out this car later this month. If the price stays close to 30K it won't be sold.

John Emerson
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

chrisntam

The listing is incorrect.  No cruise.  No dash switch.  No transducer under the hood.  No cruise.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Scot Minesinger

The car sold anyway with or without cruise.  Cruise is not a very worthwhile option on a classic.  My 1970 SDV has it, I restored it to full operation, and in four years of ownership and about 3k miles of driving it has never been used in normal driving (only in test mode). 

On any 1970 Cadillac if it is not so optioned, I add tilt/tel. wheel, twilight sentinel, and electric trunk release.  If a cloth interior was not good and needed upholstery, would change it to leather that includes door and dash wood inserts.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Air conditioning is the only real make-or-break option on a Fleetwood - especially anything mid-60s or later. Other equipment is icing on the cake: Nice when it's there but not very detrimental to value when it's not.  Lack of air will likely deter the average Fleetwood buyer.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Scot Minesinger

By 1968 no ac was a rare situation on a Cadillac.  In my eleven years of membership have only seen three no ac Cadillacs, one was a 1968, a 1969 and a 1970 - all convertibles.  Never seen a closed Cadillac 1968 or newer with no ac especially a Fleetwood. 
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2