News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

FOR SALE 1959 Cadillac Coupe De Ville

Started by Vsixteen, September 10, 2024, 02:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCaddy

I have a beautiful "59" Cadillac Convertible for $10k more!!!

$130k red/red/white interior/white top!

59-in-pieces

David,

Yes, I do likes me pictures.
Below is a table that identifies the numbering system painted on the very top center of early production radiators - and orientation, and lost to replacement over the years.

And no, I have never seen an actual sticker for the recall.
You better than most know what the literature says, it's supposed to say/read.
That being the case, would you expect the sticker to be more rectangular than square, or visa versa.
I've seen both shapes of stickers on early core supports, in just about exactly that location, and colored white.
But the printing is obliterated, and just might have been correct, or ready who changed the oil - don't know.

Have fun,
Steve B.

S. Butcher

Cadillac Jack 82

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on September 23, 2024, 11:43:59 AMDavid,

Yes, I do likes me pictures.
Below is a table that identifies the numbering system painted on the very top center of early production radiators - and orientation, and lost to replacement over the years.

And no, I have never seen an actual sticker for the recall.
You better than most know what the literature says, it's supposed to say/read.
That being the case, would you expect the sticker to be more rectangular than square, or visa versa.
I've seen both shapes of stickers on early core supports, in just about exactly that location, and colored white.
But the printing is obliterated, and just might have been correct, or ready who changed the oil - don't know.

Have fun,
Steve B.

Glad to see mine is still the original rad!  Cool stuff!  If I were to replace the radiator what font is that stamp?
Tim

CLC Member #30850

1948 Buick Roadmaster 76S Sedanette
1959 Cadillac CDV
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Coupe
1940 Chevy Coupe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Super Panama
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1964 Cadillac SDV
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

From an 23,600 mile original 1959 Cadillac S62 Coupe.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

David Greenburg

Steve-

I'll have to go into my "archives" and see what there is about the recall sticker. There may be some mention of it, or at least where to place it, in the letter that GM sent to dealers about inspecting and replacing the arms. It's been awhile since I parsed through all that stuff. The article was published in Jan. 2005, but I was researching and writing at least a year or so before that, so over 20 years ago.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

jagbuxx #12944

Quote from: David Greenburg on September 25, 2024, 03:12:09 PMSteve-

I'll have to go into my "archives" and see what there is about the recall sticker. There may be some mention of it, or at least where to place it, in the letter that GM sent to dealers about inspecting and replacing the arms. It's been awhile since I parsed through all that stuff. The article was published in Jan. 2005, but I was researching and writing at least a year or so before that, so over 20 years ago.
the pitman arm recall took place about 1977 or so. I was an advisor at the dealer in Ventura Cal at the time. The sticker was no different than the sticker for the EFI fuel
Rail recall except for the campaign code. I have the recall sticker on my 76 EFI Coupe. It was odd at the time to see these old cars come in. They really did seem like those cars were from another planet at the time
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.