News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

My new to me 53 Eldorado I’m restoring

Started by Kevinlbyer, June 30, 2024, 06:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevinlbyer

Just picked this up last month already got it running waiting on some new fuel lines and brake lines but she should be drivable in the next couple weeks

dogbergs

I really did not think that there were any left in this condition to find, speechless here so this comment is a waste of time for everyone.
I mean these cannot pop up from somewhere built from another car and look like this.

Congratulations from Sweden, be nice to her please.

/ Johan
-51 Cadillac serie 62 convertible, project
-64 Dodge Polara 2dHt, 1 driving and 1 for spares.
-70 Volvo 121 (Now sold after 21 years)
-63 Plymouth Max Wedge clone, project
-42 Harley WLA
-43 Royal Enfield WDCO
-33 Ford Pick up, project

Kevinlbyer

Ya the dude who originally owned it was a navy seal from seal team one and in the late 70s he got transferred to Virginia from San Diego so he drove the car there and put it in storage in the late 70s and he passed away late 2022 and stopped paying on the storage so they did a lean sale and auctioned it off and a lady bought it for 5k at the auction not knowing what it was got she got it home and did some research and I bought it off her for 50k

Cadillac Jack 82

Tim

CLC Member #30850

1948 Buick Roadmaster 76S Sedanette
1959 Cadillac CDV
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Coupe
1940 Chevy Coupe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Super Panama
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1964 Cadillac SDV
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

Quote from: Kevinlbyer on July 01, 2024, 03:24:47 PMYa the dude who originally owned it was a navy seal from seal team one and in the late 70s he got transferred to Virginia from San Diego so he drove the car there and put it in storage in the late 70s and he passed away late 2022 and stopped paying on the storage so they did a lean sale and auctioned it off and a lady bought it for 5k at the auction not knowing what it was got she got it home and did some research and I bought it off her for 50k
Nice mark up for her but still a bargain for you!

jwwseville60

Lifetime CLC

Kevinlbyer

59-in-pieces

John,
PINK  !!!!!! - THE HORROR.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

59-in-pieces

Kevin,

The added HORROR.

DON'T PLAY !!!

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

James Landi

Steve,  Your reference to Conrad's "The Heart of Darkness," "The Horror, the horror." -- I'm laughing out loud. 

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Quote from: James Landi on August 10, 2024, 07:43:53 AMSteve,  Your reference to Conrad's "The Heart of Darkness," "The Horror, the horror." -- I'm laughing out loud. 

LOL....I thought it was from the movie "Apocalypse Now"...LOL

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

Quote from: Mike Baillargeon #15848 on August 10, 2024, 04:05:49 PMLOL....I thought it was from the movie "Apocalypse Now"...LOL

Mike
AKA Conrad's Heart of Darkness!

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Kevin,

Congrats on a great find. I'm surprised no asked the most important question: What's the body number on the body plate?
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

59-in-pieces

James & Mike,

Having had to read The Heart of Darkness in high school or College (both so long ago), and watching Apocalypse Now (In my opinion having been in the medical corps in Vietnam - this movie is as close to an accurate depiction of the Vietnam experiences as I have ever seen - lived it).

So, you are both likely right and well alert.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Kevinlbyer

Quote from: Ralph Messina CLC 4937 on August 10, 2024, 07:55:05 PMKevin,

Congrats on a great find. I'm surprised no asked the most important question: What's the body number on the body plate?

body number 228