News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1941 Headlight Switch

Started by Mark Wheeler #20241, January 28, 2009, 12:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Wheeler #20241

Having just completed a rewire of our 41.

Now the headlight switch is shorting.

Does anyone know of a source of the switches or a another switch that can be substituted.

Cheers

Mark

Bill Hamilton, CLC#16219

Mark,

Just completed a new wiring harness on my 1942 7523 at Thanksgiving. initially had the same problem. the breaker on the switch kept cycling. I discovered I had put the power supply to the dash clock on the wrong stud. If it is on the top stud move it to the bottom. If that does not solve the problem, you will need to recheck your connections as something is drawing amps directly to ground through the switch.

Remember that the light switch is the main power buss for the car. Hope this helps.

Bill Hamilton
40 LaSalle/42 Cadillac

BILL HONIOTES

Bill
When you said your switch kept cycling what did you mean?  I have a problem with my 41 6109 that I can't seem to diagnose. All my lights flicker. Could a bad switch cause this?
Thanks