News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Wanted: Backup light switch for '49

Started by Thomas Bredahl, August 14, 2009, 07:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Bredahl

I am looking for a NOS backup light switch for my 1949 fastback.

Don't be shy  ;)

Best regards,

Thomas Bredahl

thomas@traditional-hotrods.dk
Thomas
Copenhagen - Denmark

hermanclc19416

Why do you want NOS?  They are almost impossible to find and they either work or do not work.  I have several if you are interested.

Herman

Thomas Bredahl

Quote from: hermanclc19416 on August 17, 2009, 01:29:40 PM
Why do you want NOS?  They are almost impossible to find and they either work or do not work.  I have several if you are interested.

Herman

Because un-used is better than used  :)

No, seriously I had no idea that they were that hard to come by, but the one on my car is falling apart (lever to switch axle).
I just want one that is not coroded and worn to pieces, since I want to rebuild my entire chassis and drive train over the next couple of years.

If you have a good used one, I'd be interested.

Thanks,

Thomas
Thomas
Copenhagen - Denmark

hermanclc19416

Thomas

I assume this is for a hydramatic transmisson that is bolted to a bracket at the tail of the transmisson.  It has an arm which is fused to the switch and works from a rod from the shifter on the transmisson.  If I am correct I have one..let me know if you are interested...My e-mail is..... herman@dictatrans.com

Herman

Thomas Bredahl

Herman,

It is endeed for a Hydramatic transmission...... I just sent you an email  :)
Thomas
Copenhagen - Denmark