News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

53 Cad Wonderbar radio floor switch

Started by jst, January 06, 2012, 11:19:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jst

Hi
Can anyone tell me where the radio floor selector switch is posistioned properly, in comparison to the dimmer switch, as the factory would have done ? Thanks
Joe T
CLC #27640
USMC  63-68
1953 Cadillac series 62 COUPE

Quentin Hall

My experience says the foot switch was a dealer fit option, though I am not sure if they provided a template or exact position of placement. My 3 53s have autronic eyes and the on /off switch is positioned above the dimmer switch. I think as a result you should just put the radio switch away from those two. Otherwise you'll be like a Hammond organ down there. Q
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

jst

CLC #27640
USMC  63-68

Dave Ventresca

Joe, there is a recessed area in the sheet metal just to the left of the brake pedal, where the factory or dealer always places the remote button. the rubber grommet matches the dimmer switch. Dave

Dave Ventresca

Joe, sorry I meant left of the steering column about 4 inches. Dave

Quentin Hall

G'day Joe and Dave, Yes you are right Dave. I just checked my floorpan and there is a rectangular recess there. You learn something new every day. :) 
Q
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

jst

Hi
Thanks to an OE switch that I came across, I have actual measurements. The switch is located 7 5/16" to the left  of the CENTER of the steering column and 9/32" above the CENTER of the column.
Joe
CLC #27640
USMC  63-68