News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac 45 amp Generator for A/C cars

Started by Jeff Wilk, April 05, 2012, 10:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Wilk

Anybody out there with a correct generator for sale for my 1959 Cadillac with air conditioning?  It is the 45 amp version that accepts the cooling elbow on the back.  Not the non-A/C generator that is 35 amps.  I have the cooling elbow but the wrong generator that is not working well.

Any leads, sources, or............?

Thanks.

Jeff
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

n2caddies

I may have one off my 59 I changed as it was a non AC car. Will check this weekend.
Randy
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX

Jeff Wilk

Still looking.......none of the leads have worked out so far......anybody out there with a 45 amp generator for the air conditioned 1959 Cadillac.....the version that holds the cooling elbow on the back????  Anybody?    Even a core?

Send me a pm or email to jawemail@aol.com if you can assist......re-builders are also asking for the ID#'s off the tag before they will accept one as a core.....never ran into that before.......Thanks all.

Jeff & Noah
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

curly

Jeff,
I have the Generator off of my Fleetwood, but I suspect that it is also the wrong one. I can't find any markings or tags other than 12v on the body and F,A next to the posts.  I do not see any part numbers on the end frame.
I tried my cooling elbow on it, it fits, but it is just sitting there.  My cooling elbow was in the trunk when I got my car, and the A/C compressor was gone, so it is possible I have the 35 Amp one as well.
Any pics of what you need?

T. Lewis