News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

need parts 41 60 special

Started by mr41cadillac, March 17, 2014, 05:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr41cadillac

I need to buy the fog light bulbs. the old ones have a black coating on the top. also I need the sockets for them . also need the parking light sockets. all for 41 60 special  does anyone know where to buy them ? thanks john

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi John: Here is what I believe is correct for the 41 Fog Lamp bulb. The original bulb was a 32 CP, single contact bulb with the top of the bulb painted a flat black to cause more of the bulb light to be reflected back on the reflector. The bulb number is 1209, 32 CP and the one pictured below was made by Carlton. These 41 fog lamp bulbs are scarce, the same as is the 1022 used from 47-52. Now what you can do is buy a couple of 6 volt 50 CP 1503 spot light bulbs, paint the tops and install. 1503 are often on ebay and at a reasonable price. I see your big problem is finding the 3 spring prong socket for the fog lamp bulb. I know of no one who repos these sockets. I would call some Cad dealers like Eddie Jones and see what they have in a used socket. You might even try buying a 40s junk spot light that used the 1503 bulb just to get the socket.

On your parking lamp socket, you will need to find a 41 which still has the wiring and sockets in the parking lamp assembly. The parking light socket if I remember correctly was fixed to a bracket that attached to the back of the parking light bucket and held on by 2 studs with wing nuts. To change the bulb you loosened the two wing nuts and pulled the socket and bulb from the pack of the parking light bucket.      Bill

mr41cadillac

thanks again bill. I will locate those bulbs. my sockets worked before the wiring job but the man doing the work thought it would be better to get new ones, however  he now says they can just be cleaned up. was wondering if you know where I can locate one fog light lens ? thanks for your help john 

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi John: Occasionally you will see 41 Cadillac fog light lenses on ebay which is the case now. Be prepared for sticker shock when you see the price. Other than ebay you can try All Cads.   Bill

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2055119.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X41+Cadillac+Fog+Light+Lense&_nkw=41+Cadillac+Fog+Light+Lense&_sacat=0&_from=R40