News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Mystery Horn Relay ?

Started by Bruce Berghoff -#1476, October 02, 2014, 06:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Berghoff -#1476

I have a NOS Delco-Remy Horn Relay No. 1116789 new in a GM parts box that I probably bought at Hershey years ago on the advice of a vendor when I was looking for spare parts for either  my '38 or '40 LaSalles. Now in checking my May 1, 1954 " Cadillac Master Parts List" covering parts from 1938 thru 1954 this relay is not listed . If you can identify the application for this part , and it doesn't fit either one of the above cars , the part is yours for the cost of shipping. bb

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Bruce,
It's a universal  6 volt headlight relay. Crosses over to D1766.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Bill Ingler #7799

Here is a picture of the relay, lower left bottom, from Delco-Remy Popular Parts catalog dated 9-1-50

Bruce Berghoff -#1476

Thanks for the rapid responses gentlemen ....sounds  like it would fit both the '38 and '40 LaSalle ? I'm not in immediate need for either at the moment , so if one of you are let me know and it is yours ! bb

Bill Ingler #7799

Thanks Bruce for the offer but I already have two spares for the 47. Bill     

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Bruce,
I don't need it either.
Thanks, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Joe G 12138

Pm sent; if available I could use this!   Joe Gibeault

Bruce Berghoff -#1476

Bruce Berghoff -#1476

Many thanks to Messrs. Ingler & Hoffmann for their invaluable information and assistance , as usual , in solving this mystery . Also their generosity in stepping aside to provide another member in need with the opportunity to put the NOS part to good use . ( It never ceases to amaze me how CLC members in warmer climates take pity on us guys who will soon be freezing in the North woods ) . bb