News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

1952 rear quarter panels

Started by Bob Kielar, April 11, 2019, 10:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kielar

Saw this on Milwaukee Craigslist. Not mine just thought it looked like a good deal.

Keep Cruzin,

Bob Kielar

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/6849477564.html
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Are those fenders cpe./conv.? They look strange.
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

G Pennington

Gary Pennington
   1953 6267X Convertible
   1941 6267D Convertible (2 door)

gsnood

I am not sure what year these are but I do know that 50 fenders do not fit up on later yrs. as the lights are different.  Craig B. Michno

jdemerson

Quote from: gsnood on April 12, 2019, 08:38:19 AM
   I am not sure what year these are but I do know that 50 fenders do not fit up on later yrs. as the lights are different.  Craig B. Michno

First, thank you to Bob for posting this. Craig may well be right, but I'm not sure about it. It is definitely true that the taillight assemblies are different. For 1951-53, the backup lights moved to the taillight assembly and were integrated at the base of the light. As a result the taillight assemblies for 51-53 are taller. I might have thought that the fenders on the Series 62 models were the same for all four model years, but I'm not at all sure about that. Remember that in 1950 and 1951 there were 4-door Series 61 models and those were shorter. Possibly the fenders were the same for Series 61 and Series 62 Sedans...

I don't have a parts interchangeability manual. These appear to be basically sound fenders at an excellent price. If someone is interested in using them for a different year (especially for 1950 or for a Series 61 Sedan) it would be worth some careful checking to see that they will fit your application. Maybe someone can post more information here.

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac Sedan 6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Jeff Maltby 4194

Reply from the seller.

These fenders were from an abandoned restoration project from a 1952 Cadillac Fleetwood.  They are a little longer than a normal 4 door fender.

Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Jeff,
That's why I was confused. Mystery solved.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Jeff Maltby 4194

Turns out I know the seller being an x 49er who I met in calif 20 + years ago.

Small world :<)
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500