News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

Parting Out 1940 Cadillac Series 72

Started by 1940Series72, March 28, 2020, 07:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1940Series72

Hello, I am considering parting out this 1940 Cadillac Series 72 Four Door Sedan. The lower body is rough, as seen in the pictures. There are plenty of good, usable parts on this car.

I recently joined this forum following recommendations from a couple of fellow members on the AACA board. I'm here to see if there is any interest in specific parts from this car. Please send me a message or respond to this thread if there is something you can use or need for your restoration.

Car is located in Saginaw, MI, about 90 miles northwest of Detroit.

Thank You,
Spencer

Redlines4life@yahoo.com

tripwire

Where is this car located?

Thanks.

Wes in VT
Driving now:
2023 XT4 Luxury
1940 LaSalle 5229 C4D

A few I used to drive:
1976 Cadillac Ambulance
1969 Cadillac Hearse, Superior Body
1966 Buick Wildcat Hearse
1957 Ford Thunderbird x 3, 1 E code, 2 D code
1956 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 Sedan
1949 Mercury Convertible
1949 Mercury Coupe, Mild Custom
1936 Buick Special Sedan

1940Series72

Hello Wes, the car is located about 90 miles northwest of Detroit, in Saginaw, MI. I should know by now that listing a location is “basic 101” of selling. Thanks for the question and reminder.

Spencer

brian faull clc#25881

Do you have the running boards? Thanks Brian.
brian faull clc#25881

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Quote from: 1940Series72 on April 02, 2020, 12:23:03 PM
Hello Wes, the car is located about 90 miles northwest of Detroit, in Saginaw, MI. I should know by now that listing a location is “basic 101” of selling. Thanks for the question and reminder.

Spencer
Basic 102 is put in your email address also. Don't depend on the board's PM system!!
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

1940Series72

Hello Brian, I do have the running boards but they are rough, probably good for patterns only. I’m not sure they can be repaired. The original mouldings are in-tact but have bends and holes drilled in the face for screws to hold them on. The die-cast trim on the top is also in-tact but again, rough. I can get you some pictures if interested.

Thanks,
Spencer

Redlines4life@yahoo.com