News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Cadillac today?

Started by TJ Hopland, May 07, 2020, 01:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Fins

Yeah...But look at all of the other goodies in that garage.  8)
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue Fire Mist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

goob

It would be nice to have a larger building...it gets a bit cramped with 41 old ones (only 3 Caddies) and a few daily drivers...

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Took the 1969 Eldorado out today to get the car some exercise....

Brought it back to Rockwell Park again to see the difference in the leaves...more color 2 weeks later....

Car always runs great....I'm always amazed at the power of this 4500 lb car...

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Roger Zimmermann

After testing, I installed the blower motor into the car, as well as the back rest from the rear seat. Before the back rest came in, I cleaned the dirt accumulated with the time. Due to the low mileage, it was not really dirty but not factory clean either!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

2manycars

I just finished rebuilding the TH400 trans in my 64 CDV. I did this myself. Machinist still has my engine though.
1964 Coupe de Ville
My Current Projects:
1957 Ford Thunderbird
1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS Convertible
My Special One:
2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (bought it new)

cadillacmike68

Trying to figure out what's up with the AC on the boss lady's 2011 CTS. Details in the Tech forum.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Saturnin15

Sedan Deville 1956

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Walked past mine today, but put a couple of Cadillac parts up on the shelf.   Keep on telling myself to clean up, but sometimes self doesn't listen.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Big Fins

Quote from: Bob Hoffmann CLC#96 on October 28, 2020, 11:02:30 PM
Me too!!!!

At least I'm not the only one. However.....I'm extremely grateful to be working and earning a paycheck.

There are a lot of people that are really hurting. I just shut up and say, 'Yes Sir' !!
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue Fire Mist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

bctexas

Stripped everything but the door latch mechanism out of the driver's door of my '65 CDV.  Machined a new pivot to replace the rivet holding the big toothed "rocker" plate onto the regulator.  Reworked an earlier repair to one of the other pivot rivets.  Cleaned and lubed the assembly and it is ready to go back in.  Next comes vent window weather strip and run channels.....

Oh, and took her for a nice drive in the country too.  Missed the door armrest though.....

Happy Motoring!
Bernie
1965 CDV
1970 SDV

bcroe

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le)Walked past mine today, but put a couple of Cadillac parts
up on the shelf.   Keep on telling myself to clean up, but sometimes self doesn't listen.    Bruce. >

Here too.  Been concentrating on fixing, putting away, selling, or throwing away
stuff for a change.  Sunday worked on repair on upgrade of the compressed air
distribution in the car shop, so I can get the Eldo on the lift for an oil change.  In
moving in 04 everything just went into boxes, for sorting later.  Well it is LATER,
I have sold off some surplus Cad parts that others needed a lot more than me,
trying to cut down the crap, streamline this operation.  Am going thru a couple
dozen 70s Cad ECUs to try and get every one possible into a serviceable state. 

The good news is I can now just go to the shop and it is a nice upper 60s F temp
year around.  No more summer heat, no using lots of winter propane.  I installed
a 1.5 ton air to air heat pump that does the cooling and heating job year around,
running off free energy generated by my 100 yard solar array.  The old routine
was keep the shop at 35 F, go out and run the propane furnace for a while, finally
get things to a working temp.     Bruce Roe

Roger Zimmermann

This afternoon, I loaded the front seat and rear seat bottoms into my DTS. The foam has deteriorated with the age; the upholster company will have to restore them.
The '72 coupe de Ville is much wider than the DTS; I was surprised how wide is the DTS's room, the seats don't even touch the door's panels!
I'm adding a picture to demonstrate it.
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: Roger Zimmermann on November 02, 2020, 12:18:56 PM
This afternoon, I loaded the front seat and rear seat bottoms into my DTS. The foam has deteriorated with the age; the upholster company will have to restore them.
I feel for the future restorers if a 2011 Cadillac can develop seat foam degradation.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

#1CaddyFan

Hi
Today was the continuing saga of building brake lines on my 56 ser. 62 coupe. All done except for the short line to the master cylinder for the front brakes and the rear line connection to the new dual master cvlinder. Flaring and ending is an art and I am no artist. But practice and extra line certainly helps. Wheel cylinders are cleaned, honed and rebuilt and all rubber lines are new as well. My fingers are crossed for luck and no leaks. Just one more thing done till the next one more Thing.

cadillacmike68

Drove the boss lady to get a chicom covid19 test - negative. She probably has a bacteria infection, but the fever was way up there - 102F.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on November 02, 2020, 05:58:46 PM
I feel for the future restorers if a 2011 Cadillac can develop seat foam degradation.

Bruce, it seems that I was not precise enough: the seats I loaded and need attention are the ones from my '72 coupe! The seats from the DTS are still fine. The morale of my story is even if the '72 car is much wider, the seats are narrow enough to be transported into the DTS.
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Soulless007

I replaced the generator in my '56, still no start lol
Ron H
'67 Coupe Deville
'56 Series 62

Scot Minesinger

Drove my 1970 SDV to Gettysburg, PA AACA show and put a for sale sign on her.  It is time.  Trying to lower the amount of stuff that I have.  Perfect weather, sunny 72'F no humidity.  The 100 mile trip was wonderful.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

JohnnyRockit

I replaced the u-joints and the center support bracket/bearing to try to quell some vibrations...tomorrow will be road test day.
1962 Coupe Deville
2016 ELR