News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Hood Adjustment on '40 LaSalle

Started by jbuchold, February 19, 2023, 01:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbuchold

I  have gone through the body manuals, have loosened and tightened the two setting bolts on both sides, taken off and put on the springs, but am still having a problem getting it aligned right. First, the manual says the springs are specific to each side. Is that true ? Mine look and act the same. Second, I can get it aligned what seems to be perfectly, then I attach the springs, and it flips out on one side and is impossible to get up or down beyond the ten inch place that the manual says it should be adjusted to. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to align it properly, or the order of bolt vs spring adjusting, or anything else ? Have been working on it for a week, and I never seem to be closer to solving the problem.

Also, does the spring attach to the forward notch on the lower end, or the back one ?