News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Front ride height

Started by Steve W, May 08, 2023, 02:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve W

So, as mentioned in another post, I replaced my driver side strut bar bushing, and part of that process is removing and replacing the sway bar link ( I did not replace those bushings yet).

After the job was done, I noticed that the drivers side of my car sits about 1 1/2 inches lower than the passenger side.

Could over tightening the sway bar link, or the strut rod, cause this?
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

klinebau

Normally, the suspension components are assembled with the fasteners not fully torqued, then the car is lowered to the ground.  Making sure that everything is settled, all the fasteners can then be torqued to the proper values.  You could have some ride height issues if this procedure is not followed.
1970 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Detroit, MI

Steve W

Quote from: klinebau on May 08, 2023, 03:17:38 PMNormally, the suspension components are assembled with the fasteners not fully torqued, then the car is lowered to the ground.  Making sure that everything is settled, all the fasteners can then be torqued to the proper values.  You could have some ride height issues if this procedure is not followed.

I only had my car up on Rhino ramps, never had the wheel off the ground.

And, I'm measuring from the garage floor to the wheel opening trim at the center of the wheel. Pass side is 26 3/4", driver side is 25 1/2".
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

Dave Shepherd

The length,  left to right of stabilizer link, can change height slightly, we used to cut down that link some to lower the higher side, back in the day. But what changed on yours. Drive it see if it settles.