News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

67 power antenna has power but doesn't go down

Started by kyle242gt, September 02, 2023, 02:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyle242gt

Hi all - curious if anyone has bright ideas... Reconnected my 1967's power antenna (was connected to remote toggle by PO) after verifying power to both green and blue wires in the engine bay as expected when pushing/pulling tuning knob.

Have power to connector at antenna for both green and blue as expected, but goes up, but not down. 

Jumping brown to blue at the radio connector makes it go down, so it looks like the relay in the radio is the culprit.  Is this a common thing?  Something end-user fixable?  I honestly don't really intend to use the radio, but I'm trying to get everything sorted on general principal.

Thanks for any input!
Kyle Hage
1967 Coupe DeVille

kyle242gt

Caught myself gathering parts to wire in an external relay, figured may as well give it a look see. 
Took the bottom of the radio off, and the relay contacts are visible, though not super easy to get to. Pulled a few parts off to get some space, snaked a teensy piece of emery cloth in, cleaned the contacts, and voila!  It works now.

Posted for posterity in case it helps someone down the road.
Kyle Hage
1967 Coupe DeVille