News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1966 Deville Convertible BULB

Started by RandyK, October 08, 2023, 12:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandyK

Where can I get this type of Bulb.  It is the interior light on the underside of the dashboard on both sides. I would prefer to find an original one.
RandyK

Daryl Chesterman

Does the bulb have a number on it?  If it doesn't have a number on it, look in your owner's manual to see what number it specifies for courtesy lamps (or whatever Cadillac calls the under-dash bulbs , then you can look online to see if you can find one, or a good substitution.  As a substitution, you could look at a NAPA # 6451-N bulb to see if the dimensions and wattage are the same.  Be careful of using a bulb that has more wattage than the OEM bulb, as a higher wattage will give off more heat and be bad for any lens that may cover it (if there is a lens).

Daryl Chesterman

gkhashem

Go to Sylvania website

https://www.sylvania-automotive.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-sylvaniaautomotive-Site/en_US/BulbFinder-Show?carId=4730&oepn=90%7C212-2&notes=Compare+To+Original

Looks like a #212 bulb

This is for a courtesy light bulb.  Check the service manual also. Shape looks different but if wattage and size fits who cares its under the lens.
1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

RandyK