News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

55 Cad. Self-Starter Article

Started by Charles D. Barnette #1465, April 09, 2005, 12:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles D. Barnette #1465

Congratulations to writers Randy Kaniecki and Bob Crimmins on a very fine article on the 1955 Cadillac appearing in the April 2005 issue of The Self-Starter. Looks like the North and the South combined forces to do this article. I have always loved the 54 and 56 Caddies, but I feel that the 1955 Caddie got it right by refining the 54 and not being as ostentatious as the 56. Of course I am a little prejudiced since I own a 1955 Series 62 sedan. It was nice to see the Series 62 Sedan get equal coverage among the other 55s.I also want to commend our editor of The Self-Starter who is doing a great job. Charles D. Barnette

Randall A. McGrew CLC# 17963

I rather thought the 56 was more balanced in design, but thats cause I have a 56 series 62 sedan!!  :)
Actually I love both years...1950 through 1956.  What a body style.  Anyway I was also very happy to see the series 62 get such good coverage.  Thanks, Mr. Editor and all who put their hours and talents into a truly marvelous magazine.

Tim Coy #11513

Thank you, gentlemen, for your kind comments on the 1955 article. Steve Stewart, the editor, chose the photos in order to present a fair and balanced (hmmmm....sounds like the phrase Al Franken got sued for) article on this fabulous years 50th anniversary.

My wife Liz and I truly enjoy what we do for the CLC members and your support and encouragement make us strive to improve the magazine even more.

Tim Coy
Art Director
The Self-Starter

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Tim,

Sounds like you were being "Coy" about the answer.

But, everyone that does anything for their club, no matter what it is, is doing a good job.

It is just that some get great pleasure out of doing things for other people.

It is good to be alive.

Bruce.
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV