News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

48-49 bumper jack

Started by Daniel, June 14, 2005, 10:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Can anyone provide me with a photo of the proper jack I need for a 49 convertible?  I beleive the same jack was used for several years, so I need to know what one looks  like (up close in a picture), in particular the configuration of the hook, in case I see something at a swap meet, etc.  
thanks,
Dan

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

I believe I have what you are looking for (you may need to get confrmation from someone with a 49 Cadillac). The hook carries "US Pat. No. 2.962.261" and "Other Patents Pending".

This one was delivered erroneously with my 42 Fleetwood that should have had a wheel rim jack.  It is missing the tire lever handle but these are not difficult to come by.

I no longer have need for this part.  You can have it for $35 plus postage.  This is a heavy item; Im guessing postage (USPS) to be around $15 to any destination in continental USA.

I have also a 64 bumper jack in similar, good condtion.  You can have both for $65 plus postage.

Send me your private eMail and Ill send digital images (the brownish color on the hook part is not rust it is S. Carolina dried red mud from our last move. Ill clean it up).