News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Woodward Dream Cruise 2005 photos

Started by Sue 5125, August 22, 2005, 12:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue 5125

I have uploaded some photos to the CLC Photo Gallery that were taken this past weekend at the Woodward Dream Cruise.  Although the majority of an estimated 40,000 cruisers were hotrods and muscle cars; Cadillac was well represented with hundreds of vintage vehicles cruising on Woodward. (More than are shown at some Grand National events.)

Norm and Carol Galli hosted the Motor City Region at their Royal Oak, MI home just a few steps off of Woodward for a Friday night Potluck Gathering.  Several dozen members took advantage of their hospitality and available parking.  I even saw an Illinois plate on one of the member cars but did not see to whom it belonged.  

I also included a couple photos of Cadillacs cruising on Woodward, in the Berkely Cruisefest parade and one of GMs display sights which featured several Heritage Center vehicles.  It is hard sometimes to get a good focus if you are moving along the roadway so I apologize if the pictures are not the best quality.  

Link to Detroit News for more photos and stories:
http://info.detnews.com/joyrides/story/index.cfm?id=572 TARGET=_blank>http://info.detnews.com/joyrides/story/index.cfm?id=572

Doug Houston

Since I have an aversion to crowds / mobs, I dont go to the "dream" cruise.

On Saturday morning, I had planned on going into Pontiac and picking up I-75 heading south. To my horror, Pontiac was all detoured. It was just before the cruise was to start. I imagined myself being stuck in traffic for hours. Fortunately, there was another way to get where I was going, but I was one terrified character!

Sue 5125

Thanks Jeff for posting the pictures in the CLC Photo Gallery!

Sorry Doug that you got caught in the traffic.  Hopefully you were only detained for a short period of time and got where you wanted to go.

I heard that due to a couple rain storms they estimated only 1.2 million or so spectators attended this years event.  Fortunately, the weather didnt seem to hinder the 40,000 estimated vintage, classic, hotrod and custom vehicles that showed up.