News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Amazon books: beware

Started by Yann Saunders, CLC #12588, December 16, 2006, 10:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

Last month I ordered David Temples "GMs Motoramas" - which, BTW, I recommend to everyone.

When completing the order form, I got the usual Amazon message:  "Most people ordering this book also ordered ... (The Story of the Cadillac Eldorado)".  I knew from the cover that I didnt have that book in my collection, so I went ahead and (STUPIDLY) added it to my order ...without reading the fine print.

Turns out this "Classic Cars" Cadillac book is a kiddies picture book. It comprises, all-in-all, NINE pictures of Cadillacs ...and not all Eldorados [one of them is a "Series 62" flat-top sedan or couope (not even a convertible).

At $22 (for 9 photos) I consider this a rip-off (with all due respoct for the author, Jim Mezzanotte).  I have asked for a return and refund.

Think before buying...