News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Carl 61 Fleetwood Phyllis

Started by Clewisiii, January 20, 2020, 09:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clewisiii

Someday I would like to get a tig welder. The mig works well. But I would like to get nicer welds on the sheet metal.

But that is three patch areas done today. Two to go, then remove and reinstall a fender skirt bracket.

20240609_152344.jpg
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Clewisiii

From the outside, this corner looked like it was in better condition.

On the inside it is worse then the first. I will need to determine how many of these layers I will dig into.

20240609_154957.jpg
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Clewisiii

My inner patch will be easy to make. A little harder to cut out the original.

20240609_163752.jpg

Clewisiii

Not long now I am looking forward to primer and sanding.

Clewisiii

My original dealer data book arrived today. I already had one of the reprints. But now I have 1961 dealer data book. 1961 color and upholstery data book. And 1961 aftermarket upholstery data book.

Dan LeBlanc told me there is a Fleetwood specific upholstery book. I have never seem it. But I would like to find one. I also need to hunt down an original parts book and maybe service manual.

20240610_121620~2.jpg20240610_121552~2.jpg

Clewisiii

I think I am going to remove this forward panel to get better access to that box section below.

I also have a section of outer rocker patch panel. So I may cut some of that out to get more access in rear.  20240615_104049~2.jpg

Clewisiii

My tubing straightener arrived today. I had one Nasty spot in my stainless steel brake line. Even with this tool the stainless is hard to reshape. But it is straight enough to lay flat on the frame now.

20240615_201739.jpg20240615_213746.jpg

The Tassie Devil(le)

The way to get it straight is to create a mandrel consisting of two pieces of steel, with a pair of grooves on either side that are the same diameter as the tubing, and then with strong clamps, squeeze the mandrels together.   This will straighten the line, without deforming the tubing.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Clewisiii

So many of us have had problems with discontinued air filters recently.

The filter for 61 has been discontinued. I have been stopping by random small and independent parts stores trying to see if anyone has old stock.

Well surprisingly one popped up as available on Rock Auto. I bought it quick so now I have a future spare that I will not need for over a decade.

20240622_124120.jpg20240622_124159.jpg